No one was injured after a fire broke out Saturday evening at the Lehighton Elderly high-rise.
Borough fire Chief Pat Mriss said firefighters were dispatched at 5:55 p.m. to a fire at the apartment building at 101 South First St.
Upon arrival, Mriss said firefighters encountered smoke conditions.
The initial report was a fire in the stove.
“Minor damage contained to area of stove,” Mriss said. “An occupant from another apartment used a fire extinguisher.”
Mriss said there were no injuries.
A medic unit was requested to evaluate the occupant of the unit involved.
Mriss said the cause of the fire was accidental.
He said firefighters remained on scene for about an hour.
Mriss said also assisting were the Lehighton Police Department, Lehighton Ambulance, and Lehighton fire police.
Lehighton firefighters respond to a fire at 5:55 p.m. Saturday at the Lehighton Elderly high-rise apartment building at 101 South First St. No one was injured during the incident, though there was minor damage contained to the area of a stove. The initial report was a fire in the stove. COPYRIGHT LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS