Schuylkill arrests reported
State police at Schuylkill Haven reported on the following incidents:
• Troopers investigated an assault on Aug. 13 at 2:42 a.m. at a residence along Orchard Drive in Barry Township. Troopers said two male roommates, ages 33 from Ashland and 34 from Hegins, told conflicting stories about a confrontation. The 33-year-old man said the 34-year-old man grabbed a knife and attempted to stab him. The 34-year-old said he grabbed the knife in self-defense. A third roommate arrived, a 28-year-old man from Ashland, while the two were fighting in front of the residence. He broke up the fight.
As he tried to leave with the 33-year-old, the other man used a knife to puncture a tire on the third roommate’s vehicle.
Both men were taken into custody and charged with assault and related counts and arraigned before a district judge.
Troopers declined to identify any of the people involved in the incident.
• A 22-year-old man from Pottsville reported his all terrain vehicle had been stolen from a location along New Street in Norwegian Township. The ATV was stolen sometime between Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. and Aug. 3 at 5 p.m.
• On Sept. 4 at 8:16 p.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop along West Adamsdale Road at East Adamsdale Road in North Manheim Township, for a traffic violation. A check revealed the registration on the vehicle had expired. The driver, identified as Robin Allan, 57, of Schuylkill Haven, showed signs of impairment. A vehicle search resulted in several clear baggies containing suspected methamphetamine being found. Allan refused a blood test and was later released to the custody of a friend.
DUI and drug charges are pending.
• On Sept. 6 at 1:52 a.m. a traffic stop was conducted along Market Street at Fourth Street in Port Carbon borough. Troopers detected the strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle as well as alcohol. In plain view was an opened and empty bottle of beer as well as unopened bottles of beer.
The 19-year-old driver from Saint Clair and his 18-year-old male passenger from Pottsville, who troopers declined to identify, were administered tests for alcohol. A small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia were also found in the vehicle. Charges are to be filed.
• On Sept. 5 at 1:01 p.m. troopers made a traffic stop along Route 61 at Broad Street, in Port Clinton. The operator was suspected of driving under the influence of a controlled substance and the passenger was found with controlled substances.