Tamaqua Police Log
Tamaqua police reported on the following incidents:
• Christopher Jame Brooke, 18, of Owl Creed Road, Tamaqua, has been charged with simple assault and harassment - physical contact, for an incident on July 11 at 5:49 p.m.
Police responded to Owl Creek Road for a reported disturbance. On scene a man reported an argument occurred with the defendant which turned physical. The man said Brooke struck him multiple times, resulting in bleeding wounds.
• On July 10 at 5:30 p.m. police responded to Pine and Elm streets for a report of an intoxicated man. On scene, officers found Ryan Daniels, 39, of the 400 block of Pine Street, rear, Tamaqua, visibly intoxicated. He was placed under arrest for public drunkenness and transported to the police station. He was later released to the custody of a friend.
• On July 3 at 9:35 p.m. officers observed multiple fireworks being set off in the area of Pine Street. Officers responded to the 300 block of Pine Street and observed multiple other fireworks being set off in the area of the Pine Street Pub. Officers also observed heavy smoke in the yard of Micah Kates, 43, of the 400 block of Pine Street. He was warned about setting off the fire works.
At 9:30 p.m. officers observed more fireworks being set off in the same area of Pine Street. Police spoke to Kates who said they should give him a fine. Police seized a box of fireworks on scene and cited Kates for fireworks violation.
Another incident involving fireworks was reported on July 4 at 6:12 p.m. in the 400 block of Spruce Street. As a result Alvaro Sanzhez, 36, of the 400 block of West Spruce Street, Tamaqua, was cited for fireworks violation.
• On July 8 at 10:03 a.m. police went to Boyer’s Supermarket along Cedar Street for a report of a fight in progress. On scene officers found Brian Patrick Burns, 35, of the 500 block of North Railroad Street, Tamaqua, bleeding from the mouth. A witness said Burns and another man were involved in the fight and the second man entered the store. While speaking with the witness the second man came out of the store and was identified by the witness. He walked away from the officer but was eventually stopped and taken into custody. He was identified as Joshua J. Schrepple, 38, of the 200 block of Orwigsburg Street, Tamaqua. Schrepple appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance and was known to use illegal substances.
Both men were placed under arrest. Both were charged with disorderly conduct and Schrepple was also charged with public intoxication.
• On July 8 at 4:29 p.m. officers went to the 100 block of Spruce Street, to serve active arrest warrants on Nicole Lavoie and John Cope. Both were taken into custody. Cope, 33, had a capped hypodermic needle in his front left pocket. He was charged with drug possession and transported to the county prison in Pottsville on the warrant. Lavoie was turned over to Carbon County sheriff deputies on an active warrant issued in that county.