See, believe and achieve … now more than ever
As leaders in the workplace, we tackle daily tasks, help customers and co-workers, find solutions to challenges that arise and figure out how to increase activity and sales to stay ahead of the game. Now, more than ever, I encourage you to take the time to “see it, believe it and then achieve it” with the following five steps:
1. Be competitive: At a young age, I was introduced to sports and competed in a number of activities throughout high school and college. Participating in both team and individual sports like basketball, field hockey and track taught me how to be competitive. You will always have competition in business and as a leader, so get yourself in the game, find your competitive spirit and be confident as you take action.
2. Take risks: When you are competitive, you tend to take risks. In order to move forward and stay ahead of the game, do not be afraid to try a new way of doing things. Be open to change, a crazy idea may become the best thing to get you out of a rut.
3. Have a vision: In order to take risks, you must have a vision. When you have new idea, visualize the outcome and success of plan. Write it down; create a vision board so that you can look at the success of the plan on a daily basis. This is where seeing your goal, will lead you achieving your goal. Have fun with this one - create your future with inspirational pictures, words, charts, maps etc. In addition, take time to visualize what you would like to see happen by closing your eyes and seeing your success.
4. Surround yourself with great people: You must have a great team of people who will see, believe and achieve the vision you have created. Everyone involved will be part of the plan, see the vision together and have a road map that will lead to the success of the goal. It is important that everyone has the same competitive spirit, understands the importance of change and taking risks and believes in visualizing the outcome. Your enthusiasm is an important part of this step. Others will follow if you are positive, enthusiastic and confident.
5. Take care of your great people: Last and certainly not least, take good care of your great people. In order to be successful in business and as a leader, others must support you and your efforts with enthusiasm and passion. This happens when you pay attention to your staff and co-workers; say thank you, encourage new ideas, plan yearly reviews and get to know each person on the team and understand their needs and show you care. Be nice, be honest and pay attention to the little things that make a big difference.
The unchartered waters of today bring new challenges by the hour, but remember … each day is a gift, and with it brings new opportunities in business, leadership and life. Embrace change, take the time to dream and visualize successful outcomes. Take care of the people in your life; be kind, enthusiastic and competitive. Please check in with us by stopping by our office, meeting us at a future event or contacting us via phone or email. Let us help you with your vision … see, believe and achieve your goals and dreams!