Schuylkill Haven police report on incidents
State police at Schuylkill Haven reported on the following incidents, all in Schuylkill County.
• Troy Dewitt, 32, of Cumbola, has been charged with disorderly conduct for an incident on June 9 at 1:48 a.m. at First Street and Lehigh Avenue, in West Brunswick Township. Troopers said Dewitt was driving a farm tractor repeatedly up and down the road, making unreasonable noise for neighbors at very early hours. Charges were filed.
• A 48-year-old man from Cleveland, Ohio, who troopers declined to identify, engaged in criminal trespass, public drunkenness, harassment and disorderly conduct at 2:30 p.m. June 14. The incident occurred along Route 61 at the Country Squire Motel and Restaurant in North Manheim Township. Charges were filed.
• Troopers are investigating an incident at the Schuylkill County Intermediate Unit 29 school, located at 17 E. Maple Ave., in Norwegian Township. Someone drove all-terrain vehicles on the grass on the soccer field and front entrance to the school. Surveillance footage was taken from the school but it was not clear enough to identify the suspects. The incident was reported on June 19 at 11:30 p.m. Damages were estimated at $100.
• Police said a 57-year-old man from Church Road, Hegins Township, reported his 2007 Chevrolet Silverado truck was taken by someone for a “joy ride” and returned. The vehicle had damages to the rear passenger side tire. The incident occurred sometime between 8:30 p.m. June 6 and 6:30 a.m. on June 7.
• A 76-year-old man from Auburn, reported someone damaged the door on a storage building on his property on Woodland Drive. The suspects kicked the door multiple times, breaking it. It is not known if they entered the building as nothing was apparently taken. The incident was reported on June 3 at 12:02 p.m. Damages to the door and door lock were estimated at $300.
• Tamara Eiler, 39, of Pottsville, is facing charges of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct after an incident at 7:01 p.m. June 16 at the Rite Aid store in the Kings Village, Minersville.
Police said they were called there after it was reported a woman was talking to herself, walking with a sway and appearing to be intoxicated.
When police arrived, they were told Eiler was in the bathroom, not responding to knocking on the door. She was located asleep in the bathroom with several items from the store. She told police she had imbibed several Four Loco alcoholic beverages. Police said while she was attempting to pay for the items she took into the bathroom, she began yelling, screaming and arguing with store personnel and state police.
• Troopers said a 27-year-old woman reported she had been sexually assaulted during a four-year period at a location along Pleasant Valley Road in Pine Grove Township. The time frame was 2016 to 2020. Troopers said the investigation is ongoing.