Outpatient therapy reopens at LVHN sites
Lehigh Valley Health Network and Coordinated Health Rehabilitation Services have reopened for outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services as well as outpatient cardiac rehabilitation services.
These services are now available to patients with a referral in all previously served regions including Lehigh, Northampton, Bucks, Berks, Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe and Schuylkill counties and Phillipsburg, New Jersey.
Patients are being contacted for scheduling by members of the outpatient registration team.
For information about reopened locations, please visit LVHN.org/reopenings.
During the coronavirus outbreak, nearly half of the therapy locations were closed to help reduce spread of the infection. As cases are gradually lessening, safety measures are now in place to provide in-person rehabilitation care. Those measures include:
• Colleague and patient screenings - Every LVHN rehab colleague is screened before his or her shift begins, and all patients are screened for symptoms prior to their visit.
• Thorough facility cleaning prior to your care - Rooms, equipment and common surfaces are all sanitized before you receive care.
• Added social distancing - Reorganized waiting rooms and staggered patient appointment times to ensure you receive the highest level of care without unnecessary contact with others.
• Face coverings and protective equipment - LVHN now requires patients and visitors to wear face coverings. Likewise, LVHN colleagues wear personal protective equipment to minimize the risk for cross-contamination.
• Enhanced use of technology - LVHN is using the latest technology to create touchless appointments and convenience including telephone virtual visits, as well as electronic and video-based therapy visits through MyLVHN, our patient portal.
The health network also asks patients who need in-person care to use eCheck-In through MyLVHN to reduce time needed for checking in.
For further details about the precautions, visit LVHN.org/COVIDSAFE. To initiate an online therapy appointment, log in to your MyLVHN account.