State police at Lehighton
State police at the Lehighton barracks are investigating the following incidents:
• A theft happened between Feb. 26 and March 19 at Forest Inn Road, Towamensing Township.
A Lehighton woman reported someone stole a ring from her.
• Police cited a 51-year-old Palmerton man for harassment after a verbal argument turned physical.
The incident took place at 12:03 a.m. March 25 in the 4100 block of Fireline Road, Lower Towamensing Township. The victim is a 49-year-old woman.
Police said the man was intoxicated when he became involved in the argument, which later escalated to a degree that he engaged in physical contact with the victim.
• An attempted burglary that happened at 5:38 a.m. March 22 in the 1200 block of Rock Street, Franklin Township, is being investigated by state police at the Lehighton barracks.
Police said they were called there after the homeowner heard her dog barking downstairs and she went to the main floor of the residence, where she found the front door wide open and the dog running around outside. The owner said she had locked the front door before retiring for the night. There was no sign of forced entry.
• A 22-year-old man was cited for harassment after an incident at 1:45 p.m. March 25 on Bridge Street in Weissport.
Police said they issued the citation after responding to a domestic dispute. The victim is a 27-year-old woman.
• An access device fraud case in which a 53-year-old Saylorsburg man is the victim was reported at 8 p.m. March 20.
Police said someone obtained the victim’s debit card number and used it to make fraudulent purchases at the CVS and Giant Super Market stores in Pottsville.
• A burglary was reported at 6:50 p.m. March 6 along Lower Middle Creek Road, Polk Township.
The victim reported three suspects, possible children, entered the vacant home without using force and removed a plastic sled from the exterior of the building before leaving the scene undetected.