State police at Lehighton report on harassment, assault cases
State police at Lehighton reported on the following harassment and assault cases.
• A Jim Thorpe man is facing harassment charges following an incident at 9:40 a.m. March 4 on Act Lane in Penn Forest Township. State police said it is alleged he threw tea in the face of a Hazleton man. There were no injuries in the incident, police said.
• State police were called to Eldred Township at 11:39 a.m. Feb. 23 to investigate a statutory sexual assault case. Upon investigating the possible child abuse case, police said the incident does not rise to the level of a crime and/or child abuse. The victim is a 15-year-old girl from the township.
• State police reported they were summoned to an indecent assault incident that happened on Jan 31 in Penn Forest Township, but the investigation showed the case does not rise to the level of a crime and/or child abuse. The victim is a 15-year-old girl from the township. The initial report was a possible child abuse case.
• A 28-year-old Stroudsburg man was charged with simple assault after an incident at 11:50 p.m. March 4in the 400 block of Kunkletown Road in Eldred Township. State police said it is alleged he grabbed a 28-year-old female from Stroudsburg by the neck, causing her to sustain minor injuries.
• State police are investigating the theft of a dealer’s registration plate from a vehicle in Polk Township. The incident happened between noon March 7 and 1:11 p.m. Thursday at Glenbrook Auto Sales, 1124 Interchange Road. Police said the plate was removed from a vehicle owned by the business.
• A 32-year-old Jim Thorpe man is facing a charge of harassment as a result of an altercation that was reported to state police at 10:57 p.m. March 8. The victim is a 34-year-old woman from Jim Thorpe. Police said it is alleged the man was intoxicated and became involved in a verbal argument with the woman, during which time the incident turned physical when the accused engaged in physical contact toward the woman.
• A 55-year-old Saylorsburg man was harassed and struck by a snowball in an incident at 1:07 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Dana Drive in Ross Township. State police said the man reported three juveniles, believed to be 10-15 years of age and wearing dark clothing, rang his doorbell several times and then hid in the bushes at the property. When the victim went outside to confront the suspects one of them threw a snowball at him, striking him in the arm. The juveniles then fled the scene.