Tamaqua Police issue citations
Tamaqua police released information on various citations recently issued by officers.
• Karrie A. Sell, 30, of 248A E. Broad St., Tamaqua, was cited for theft by deception and receiving stolen property in connection with a delivery of fuel oil. A local fuel oil company delivered 100 gallons of oil, valued at $250, to Sell’s house on Jan. 4. She agreed to make payment in full the next day, Jan. 5. Despite repeated calls and a certified letter, Sell hasn’t made any effort to pay the vendor.
• Elizabeth Jean Ostrowski, 48, of Tamaqua, was cited for retail theft after stealing several items from the Family Dollar Store on Feb. 27. Ostrowski was stopped at 9:54 a.m. when she tried to leave the store with the stolen items in her purse. Total value of the items was $18.60.
• Ashley Weirich, 23, of 327 N. Columbia St., Tamaqua, was cited for retail theft after stealing two packs of Tastykakes from the Turkey Hill on March 2. The items were valued at $2.29.
• Eileen Heimbach, 32, of 612 Arlington St., Tamaqua, was cited for disorderly conduct after police were called to her home numerous times for noise complaints. Between 11 p.m. on March 1 and 12:47 a.m. on March 2, neighbors called police three times to report sounds of loud arguments coming from the basement and front porch of Heimbach’s home.
• Richard Aviles Sr., 52, of 214 Race St., Tamaqua, was cited for harassment after a domestic dispute on March 3. Police were called to his home at 5:04 p.m. for a disturbance and found Aviles to be in a highly intoxicated condition. He was taken to the police station, then transported to the home of a family member where he agreed to spend the rest of the night.