• Tamaqua American Legion Post 173 will host its annual Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 11. Staging will begin at 9 a.m. at the former MAFF Motors building in the 900 block of East Broad Street. Following the parade, a brief service will be held in front of the Legion Post at 206 W. Broad St.
• The Monroe County Veterans Day parade will be held in Stroudsburg, beginning at 1 p.m. Nov. 12. To march with West End Post 927, contact Tom Franklin at 570-977-1248.
• American Legion Post 927 on Fairgrounds Road in Gilbert will hold a special ceremony to honor all veterans’ services at 11 a.m. Nov. 11. Guest speakers will be included. Light refreshments will be served.
• Slatington American Legion Post 16 will present a Veterans Day dedication at the Slatington Military Monument on Main Street, including a rifle salute.
• Slatington American Legion Post 16 will conduct their annual Veterans Day services at St. Johns UCC, 15 S. Second St., Slatington, at 9 a.m. Sunday. Legionnaires, Auxiliary and Sons of the American Legion should meet at the post home at 8:30 a.m.
• St. Luke’s Miners Campus Veterans breakfast, 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, 360 W. Ruddle St., Coaldale. Veterans eat for free. Register using the events calendar on sluhn.org or call 866-STLUKES (prompt 4).
• The Washery System Car Wash in Tamaqua next to Boyer’s will offer free car washes for veterans on Nov. 11. For more information, see www.graceforvets.org.
• Turkey Hill stores are honoring America’s heroes by welcoming active, inactive, and retired military personnel to stop by for a free 16-ounce coffee or cappuccino.
• Veterans from Jim Thorpe will have the opportunity to tour the Asa Packer Mansion Museum along with one guest for free on Nov. 11 and 12 thanks to a special program originated by the Director and Historian of the Asa Packer Mansion Museum, the mansion staff and the Jim Thorpe Lions Club. All veterans will be asked to show either their driver’s license with a flag insignia, their DD-214 or a picture of them in uniform. Tours at the museum will run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
• State Sen. Mario Scavello, R-40, and the American Legion will be holding a Veterans Assistance Day on Nov. 14 at the senator’s Tannersville district office, 2989 Route 611, Suite 103. This service is offered on the second Tuesday of each month. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., a service officer with the American Legion Pennsylvania Department will be on site to assist veterans. Please contact the Tannersville office to schedule an appointment at 570-620-4326.
Send your event information to firstname.lastname@example.org.