McAdoo police release information on citations
McAdoo police released information on several recent citations issued by officers.
• Christopher Boothby Jr., 20, of Hazleton, was charged with three counts of theft from a motor vehicle after he was identified as the man who entered several cars during the early morning hours on Sept. 28. He was also charged with three counts of prowling at night.
• Ryan Petritsch, 33, of McAdoo, was charged with theft and receiving stolen property after he removed a milk crate from the rear of Fegley’s Mini Mart. The theft took place at 9:35 p.m. on Oct. 12 and was witnessed by a store employee.
• Kevin Siegfried, 24, of McAdoo, was charged with theft after he was seen removing metal sheets from a yard in the 100 block of East Monroe Street. Siegfried told a neighbor he was removing the sheets from his uncle’s property, at the homeowner’s request. An investigation proved that claim to be false. The theft took place at 4 p.m. on Oct. 11.
• Craig Christy, 54, and his son, Shawn Christy, 26, both of McAdoo, were charged with harassment by communication after the duo made repeated calls to the McAdoo and Kline Township police departments concerning an upcoming court case. Both men were warned, repeatedly, not to call, but continued to do so.
• David Ballick, 58, of Kelayres, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in connection with a traffic stop at 10:26 p.m. Aug. 26. He was stopped for a faulty exhaust system and cracked taillight. After failing field sobriety tests, he was taken for blood tests. The results show a 0.221 percent blood alcohol level, more than twice the legal limit of 0.08 percent.
• Ronald Monsalve, 29, of McAdoo, was charged with simple assault and harassment in connection with a domestic disturbance on Oct. 1. Police were contacted by the victim, who said Monsalve smashed two cellphones and slapped her in the face during an argument. Officers observed swelling and redness on the victim’s face.