Franklin motions allow secretaries to join union
Franklin’s board of supervisors has cleared the way for its secretaries to join a union.
The board approved two motions relating to the township’s secretaries during Tuesday’s meeting.
The first motion clarified that the township recognizes it employs two secretaries, secretarial clerk Christine Green and lead secretary Brenda Neeb, who also serves as township secretary and treasurer.
The second motion authorized the township’s solicitor to represent the township before the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board in relation to the secretarial positions in the township.
Furthermore, the solicitor was authorized to enter into formal legal acknowledgments and agreements related to the two secretaries.
Vice chairman Robby Cressley said that these actions were necessary for the secretaries to be able to join a union.
• Keystone Consulting Engineering was approved as Franklin Township’s alternate engineer.
• Rockland Energy Land Development’s request for an extended review time was granted, with the new plan review set to begin after the previous plan’s expiration on Nov. 8.
• Franklin Township’s Volunteer Fire Police were approved to assist with traffic control for Lehighton’s third annual Snowflake 5K walk/run. The event will begin with registration at 8 a.m., and run starting at 9 a.m. on Dec. 9.
• McNees Wallace and Nurick was hired for police labor relations including arbitration and terminations.
• Garbage collection for the Veterans Day holiday will be held on Thursday, Nov. 9 instead of Friday.
• Electronic recycling will be held from 9 a.m. until noon on Nov. 4.
• Trick or Treat night will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 25.