Carbon County commissioners approve agreements, personnel items
Carbon County commissioners voted on the following items during their weekly meeting on Thursday.
• Approved an agreement with Carbon Career & Technical Institute and the county prison for GED services for inmates age 21 and older. The program, which has already started at the facility, will be no cost to the county.
• Ratified an agreement with attorney Michael P. Gough of the Lehigh Valley for professional services as conflict counsel for the Carbon County Children and Youth Services, effective Sept. 26. Compensation is $65 an hour, billed monthly.
• Approved an agreement between Carbon County Area Agency on Aging and Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging for an aging and disability resource center to partner together to perform person centered counseling. The agreement is in effect until June 30, 2020.
• Retirements: Kathleen Lienhard of Jim Thorpe, administrative assistant/parking coordinator, effective Dec. 1; Clifford M. Eckhart of Lehighton, probation officer II, effective Feb. 2, 2018.
• Resignation: Patricia A. Rossmann of Summit Hill, clerical specialist, clerk of courts, effective Oct. 4.
• Clerk of courts appointment: Sydney R. Wernett of Jim Thorpe, clerical specialist, effective Oct. 2.