Carbon Chamber, CCEDC merge; has new directors, dues structure
The Carbon County Chamber of Commerce has merged with another entity and has a new name.
It is now called the Carbon County Chamber and Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC).
Dawn Ferrante, executive director, said the merger of the Chamber and the Carbon County Economic Development Corporation has been completed effected April 10.
She said, "This represents a cumulative effort of many people, over a four year period to accomplish. The new Board of Directors approved a number of items that are a positive step for the new organization."
The logo will have a slight modification, but remains mostly the same.
Heather McClure assumes the title of assistant director, and Linda Rex is the administrative assistant.
Michael Harleman of First Northern Bank and Trust was elected president.
Other officers are Patricia Handwerk of Harry Packer Mansion, vice presidnet; Marshall Walters of Architectural Polyers, treasurer, and Frank Potoczak of Castle Grill, secretary.
Other directors are:
• Paul Canevari, PPL .
• Mark Sverchek, Mark Sverchek Insurance
• Ronald Tirpak, Carbon Engineering
• Ralph Cortazzo, Grassy Hill B&B
• Joe Federanich, Cruise One
• Patrick Reilly, Mauch Chunk Trust
• Barbara Green, Blue Mountain Ski Resort
• Craig Zurn, Jim Thorpe National Bank
• Ric Reaman, Kovatch Mobile Equipment Corp.
• Dave Althouse, Carrigan's Country Pharmacy
• Wayne Nothstein, Chairman, Carbon County Board of Commissioners
• Marlyn Kissner, Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
Attorney Jane Sebelin will serve as the Solicitor for the organization.
A new dues structure has been announced.
Ferrante said if your membership is up for renewal in the month of April, you will receive the new rate.
For new and existing members that signed up in March, your account will be credited with the new rate.
The rates are:
Single employee: $75; 2-5 employees, $150; 6-15 employees, $250; 16-50 employees, $375; 51-100 employees, $550; 100-600 employees,$850, and over 600 employees, $1,250.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the merger, contact Ferrante at 610-379-5000.
The board will begin a strategic planning process and conduct a business survey that will help form the inputs to the strategic plan.