Pennsylvania 4-H is celebrating 100 years of youth programming. As part of the centennial celebration the planning committee is compiling a history of 4-H through stories.
4-H members, current and former leaders, alumni, current and former extension educators, and/or family members are invited to help tell the story of 100 years of 4-H. The group is hoping to create a historical timeline through stories of those impacted by 4-H.
Stories will be on exhibit around the state throughout 2012. A compilation will be published and offered for sale.
Your story should be something memorable to you why you joined 4-H, how it changed your life, how it made an impact on your future; etc. The goal is to receive stories from all generations to accurately tell the story of 100 years of Pennsylvania 4-H.
If you would like to include your 4-H story, you should include the following:
• Name (include your maiden name);
• Physical address and email address;
• What county(s) you were involved in 4-H;
• Years you were involved in 4-H;
• Your connection to 4-H (club, leaders names, member, parent, leader, educator, 4-H family member, etc.);
• If an educator, what counties did you work with and what were your responsibilities.
If submitting a photo, include names of people, from left to right, and details about the photo. Photos cannot be returned.
Send copies or email photos to Carol Schurman, Indiana County Extension, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stories should not be longer than two pages. Deadline is July 1.
For more information, call (724) 465-3880 or visit http://extension.psu.edu/4-h.