Zeiner, Hirschman, Wagner are all Triple 25 winners
The Mahoning Valley Speedway Triple 25s have been a windfall for drivers Zane Zeiner, Matt Hirschman and Don Wagner. In the nine features that made of the unique event, which is part to the Mahoning Modified Madness Series (MMMS), the trio has combined in winning eight, including this past Saturday night.
It the opening race, Zeiner had a 1.713-second margin of victory, almost two car lengths. He has now won a feature in all four of his starts this season.
"That's an amazing stat, especially to do that at a place like Mahoning," said Zeiner of Bath. "I know the next two (features) aren't going to be easy. We had zero power steering tonight and we'll see if I'm a man or not in the next two races because it's going to be a handful. The car had a lot of lower bite on the bottom. My hat is off to my guys, they changed motors this week and Morgantini (Racing Engines) gave us a new power plant."
In the second feature, Hirschman was on cruise control and took his Bob Horn owned No. 50 to the victory.
"We started up front, in fourth, in the first one and went backwards and that wasn't fun. In this one we took advantage of a good draw," said Hirschman from Northampton. "I expected more action in this second feature but you never know with these things. No one has ever won two in a row in these Triple 25s and hopefully we can keep this momentum going for the next one."
In the final race, Wagner picked up his fourth win of the season.
"There is no better small track than Mahoning Valley Speedway. The competition here and the way they are running the shows, it's an awesome place to race," said Wagner.
1st Modified Feature (25 Laps)
1. Zane Zeiner, 2. John Bennett, 3. Nevin George, 4. Don Wagner, 5. Scott Meckes.
2nd Modified Feature (25 Laps)
1. Hirschman, 2. Meckes, 3. Zeiner, 4. Carroll, 5. John Markovic.
3rd Modified Feature (25 Laps)
1. Don Wagner, 2. Zeiner, 3. Meckes, 4. Wentz, 5. Hirschman.
Late Model Feature (25 Laps)
1. Mike Sweeney, 2. Frankie Althouse, 3. Paul Koehler, Jr., 4. Earl Paules, 5. Kenny Hein.
Street Stock Feature (25 Laps)
1. TJ Gursky, 2. Todd Ahner, 3. Josh Mooney, 4. Jillian Long, 5. Jason Frey,
Dirt Modified Feature (20 Laps)
1. Randy Thomas, 2. Kris Graver, 3. Mike Stofflet, 4. Mark Levy, 5. Ricky Yetter.
4-Cylinder Feature (20 Laps)
1. Barry Christman, Jr., 2. Doug Knauss, 3. Tyler Stangle, 4. Jake Kibler, 5. Kyle Strohl.