Skip to main content

Old vacuum truck attracts no bidders

Published November 23. 2011 05:01PM

Palmerton will dispose of its used vacuum truck as part of a trade-in agreement with the buyer after a bid opening attracted no suitors.

Borough manager Rodger Danielson informed borough council on Tuesday that no bids were received for the borough's 1988 vacuum truck as of Monday's deadline.

As a result, Danielson said the borough will accept a trade-in agreement in the amount of $2,500 from Vac-Con of Evans City, Butler County, to haul away the vehicle.

Last month, council agreed to purchase a vacuum truck from Vac-Con in the amount of $250,000, and to accept an additional $2,500 to haul it away.

Danielson said at that time 65 percent of the payment for the $250,000 vehicle would come from the borough's sewer fund, while the other 35 percent would come from its water fund.

Also on Thursday, council announced it wishes to fill several vacancies on various committees.

Openings exist on the borough's zoning hearing board, planning commission, municipal authority, police civil service commission, shade tree commission, board of health, hospital authority, and BOCA board of appeals.

Residents who wish to apply are asked to submit a letter of interest to the borough.

In other business, council:

• Approved the first reading of resolution 507-11, liquid fuels.

• Approved the first reading of ordinance 689, 2012 tax rate.

• Approved the first reading of ordinance 690, Act 511 taxes.

• Approved the first reading of ordinance 691, sewer rate.

• Appointed Municipal Retirement Trust as trustee for the police pension fund.

• Approved the Cervanek subdivision at 174-176 Lehigh Ave.

• Appointed France, Anderson & Basile as auditors in 2012 at a rate of $11,300, which represents a $400 increase over this year's rate.

• Agreed to advertise for first reading, ordinance 688, special purpose parking area, to allow for handicapped parking on the 400 block of Princeton Avenue and the 500 block of Columbia Avenue.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


November 2017


Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries