Lansford Alive's 9th Annual Christmas House Decorating Contest is under way. No registration is required, and all Lansford residents are eligible to win awards as long as their homes are decorated and their lights are turned on during judging hours, from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 16.
Judging of the houses will be based on the following categories:
- Traditional (Best decorations traditionally associated with the holiday season);
- Lighting (The spirit of the holiday season with a display of lights);
- Creative (Best use of imagination non-traditional);
- Whimsical (Can be seen through the eyes of a child);
- Holiday Neighbors (two or more homes decorated in a row);