A Lower Towamensing family was displaced from their home by a fire that took place the day before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Firefighters say the blaze started in a wood burning stove that was left unattended.
Crews were called to a home on Summit St. around 10:50 a.m. Wednesday for a dwelling fire with flames showing.
No one was inside the house at the time. A dog was able to escape the house unharmed.
According to Aquashicola Fire Dept. Chief Bill George, the fire was limited to the living room area around the wood burning stove, which had been left unattended.