A Polk Township man died as a result of a fire at his residence in Polk Township Tuesday evening.
William Berry, 69, of 1287 Mountain Road, was pronounced dead at the scene by Monroe County Coroner Robert Allen. His wife was admitted to Palmerton Hospital.
Her first name, her condition, and the extent of her injuries are not known.
Allen pronounced Berry dead at 9:51 p.m.
Allen said the cause of death is smoke inhalation.
A granddaughter, Kolonni Dennis, helped her grandmother out of the house.
Several cats and dogs were rescued.