The Tamaqua Water Filtration plant, part of a $15 million water improvement project recently completed by the Tamaqua Area Water Authority, was formally dedicated during a brief ceremony today. The half hour program was hosted by Joseph R. Lopez, chairman of the authority. Gladfelter gamve some of the history of the project, which began with a DER mandate to treat surface water and launched the project in 1889.