A cat is being blamed for the probable cause of a bizarre dwelling fire Wednesday morning in Towmensing Township. The fire was first reported just before 11 a.m. in a ranch style home along Snyder Road just off Forest Inn Road. Reports from the radio and the scene said the female occupant of the residence had a candle burning on a mantle and left the home. It is believed a cat knocked over the candle onto a chair which caught fire. When the woman arrived back she found the residence charred and the chair burned but no fire or smoke. The chair apparently burned itself out without taking the rest of the dwelling with it. Firefighters from Towmensing and Franklin townships removed the chair from the home without incident.
Cat knocks over candle, causes fire
Thursday, August 11, 2011