A spectacular fire broke out in Lansford's business district this evening, chasing 17 people from their homes and leaving inits smoldering path injuries, heartbreak, and damage. The fire occurred at about 5:30 p.m. on West Ridge Street. There were several firefighters injured battling the inferno, the most seriously being Lansford fireman Calvin Frantz Jr., 51, of 25 W. Abbott St. He was injured when a false front on a building collapsed on him. He is in critical condition in the Coaldale Hospital. Also admitted to Coaldale Hospital, in satisfactory condition, are firemen Robert Behler of Tamaqua and William Major of Lansford.