A half-duplex home located at 200 West Ludlow St., at the intersection of North Walnut Street in Summit Hill, suffered smoke and exterior damage Wednesday after a young man working on the roof accidentally contacted a 7,200 volt conductor power line with a piece of the roof's drip edge.

Summit Hill Fire Chief Shawn Hoben said that after PPL's quick response to turn off power, firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to search for hidden hot spots as grounding current spread to various parts of the home.

The home is occupied by Jacqueline Collevechio.

Hoben also pointed out the great response and teamwork from surrounding fire companies.

Most of the damage was limited to the home's exterior as firefighters removed siding to stop small hidden electrical fires and search for unseen hot spots.

Responding were fire companies and ambulances from Summit Hill, Tamaqua, Coaldale and Lansford. Fire police redirected traffic around the scene.

The young male on the roof was treated at the scene and taken via ambulance to St. Luke's Miners Miner's Memorial Hospital, Coaldale, as a precaution.

No serious injuries were reported.