A quick response by Franklin Township firefighters saved a home early Sunday morning. The fire was first reported just before 5 a.m. in a home along the 100 block of Church street. When police and the first fire units arrived on scene they found smoke coming from the large ranch style home. The fire may have had its source near a chimney and spread from there. Firemen were on the scene well over an hour. Lehighton paramedics stood by at the site. Franklin Township fire police closed down Church street.