The cannibal costume worn by William Davis, 32, of Coaldale, which occasioned much merriment on New Year's eve in the mummers' parade at Summit Hill caused painful injuries when the torch he was carrying ignited the flimsy straw which was a part of the outfit. Davis was rushed to Coaldale hospital where he is receiving treatment for burns of the face and shoulder. When Davis' screams attracted attention to his plight, a number of people standing along the line of march rolled the unfortunate man in the snow.