The little red caboose has found a new home.
It now sits proudly on the property of the Eldred Township Municipal building, overlooking the valley in Kunkletown where it made daily runs for many years as part of the Chestnut Ridge Railway.
The caboose is a part of Kunkletown's history. The Chestnut Ridge Railway was built in 1888 as a connection to the Central Railroad of New Jersey in Lehigh Gap, for a total of 11 miles.
The little railroad also transported passengers, freight and mail from Kunkletown to Palmerton.