A five-mile length of the historic Switchback Railroad - opened in 1827 and widely publicized as "the oldest railroad in America" - traversing the Northeast Land Company property in the area between Summit Hill and Jim Thorpe, will be donated for public use, it was announced by Curtis W. Kemmerer, president of the company. The gift of land for public use provides a total uninterrupted length along its five miles with varying widths from 20 feet to 100 feet.