Trick-or-treat nights, parades and more
Send your event information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bowmanstown: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26.
Brodheadsville: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 at the Chestnuthill Park, 221 Route 715, Brodheadsville. Costume contest for kids 12 and under.
East Penn Township: trick or treat from 6-8 p.m. and trunk or treat from 6-9 p.m. in the township parking lot, both Oct. 30.
Eldred Township: 5-7 p.m. Oct. 31.
Franklin Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 30.
Lehighton: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 30.
Lower Towamensing: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26
Nesquehoning: Trunk or treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26 on the grounds of the Nesquehoning Hose Company. Trick or treat night, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
North Manheim Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
Palmerton: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26.
Polk Township: 5-7 p.m. Oct. 31.
Ross Township: 5-7 p.m. Oct. 31.
Rush Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
Slatington: 5:30-7 p.m. Oct. 25, trunk or treat sponsored by Northern Lehigh Recreation Authority
Summit Hill: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31. Rain date is Nov. 1.
Tamaqua: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
Towamensing Township: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26.
Walnutport: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 30.
West End Volunteer Fire Company Station 43: Trunk or treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
West Penn: Trunk or treat, 5-7 p.m. Oct. 19, Zion Stone Church of West Penn.
West Penn Township: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 26.
• Andreas: 7 p.m. Oct. 16. Rain date, 7 p.m. Oct. 17.
• Jim Thorpe: 2 p.m. Oct. 26.
• Lehighton: 4 p.m. Oct. 19. Rain date, 2 p.m. Oct. 20.
• Palmerton: 4 p.m. Oct. 20.
• Tamaqua: 7 p.m. Oct. 22. Rain date, 7 p.m. Oct. 23.
• 112th annual Northern Lehigh Halloween Parade: 6 p.m. Oct. 26. Rain date Oct. 27.
• The West End Park and Open Space Commission is hosting the annual Pet (Costume) Parade at noon Oct. 19, at the Ross Township Park, 258 Anchorage Road, Saylorsburg. Prizes will be given for the Scariest, Cutest, Most Original and Pet & Owner Look-a-Like. Participants should dress up one’s favorite pet and come to have some fun. For more information, visit www.weposc.org.
• Jim Thorpe Youth Haunt presents “The Curse of Reservoir Road,” sponsored by The Mauch Chunk Rod and Gun Club and Conjured Soap Boutique, with assistance from the Carbon Chamber and Economic Development. The event will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 19 and 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 20 at Mauch Chunk Rod & Gun Club, Reservoir Road, Jim Thorpe. A unique twist on a traditional haunted house. Light fare and cider available to purchase under pavilion. Family Friendly (not suited for children under 5). Dress for the outdoors with proper footwear. All proceeds are donated to the Jim Thorpe High School production of “West Side Story.” See Jim Thorpe Youth Haunt on Facebook.
• The Northern Lehigh Recreation Authority, a multi-municipal authority supported by the boroughs of Walnutport and Slatington and Washington Township, will be sponsoring its annual trunk or treat event for residents from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 25. A variety of spooky activities are planned around the trunk or treat. Pumpkin chucking will return and refreshments will be available. Prizes will be awarded for the best decorated trunks. Check out www.northernlehighrec.org or the authority’s Facebook page for more information or contact Northern Lehigh Rec at 484-633-0093 / email@example.com
• Lansford Alive will host Haunting in the Park from 5 to 9 p.m. on Oct. 26 on the grounds of the Lansford Pool. The community is invited to sign up and hand out candy, as well as attend. There will be hay rides, vendors and other activities during the event. Sign-up sheets for those who want to set up and hand out candy are available at the borough office, Boyer’s bulletin board, Turkey Hill or at Friendly Food Mart. For more information, call Michele Bartek at 570-645-5746.