Tamaqua police release information on calls
Tamaqua police released information on several recent cases.
• Jason E. Bankes, 25, of Tamaqua, was cited for disorderly conduct on Jan. 10. The music from Bankes’ Subaru was so loud at 12:01 p.m. that it rocked an officer’s patrol car when they were side by side at a red light.
• Kris Michael Matlaga, 45, of New Ringgold, was cited for retail theft on Jan. 7. Matlaga was caught stealing from the Dollar General Store at 3:57 p.m. A store employee saw Matlaga conceal several items and stopped him before he left the store. Matlaga paid for several items, but forgot about a box of rolled gauze he had stuffed in his shirt. He was banned from the store. The value of the item was $1.50.
• Bobbie Kunkel, 25, of Tamaqua, was cited for trespassing on Jan. 18. The owner of an apartment building in the 200 block Pine Street called police at 5:58 p.m. to report a trespasser at his condemned building. Officers arrived and found Kunkel. She was told to leave, but was allowed to gather her belongings.
• Steve Rivera-Correa, 19, of Tamaqua, was cited for retail theft on Jan. 15. He was caught stealing a package of condoms, a container of Mountain Dew and cold medicine from the Family Dollar Store on Center Street. The incident happened at 10 a.m. The items were valued at $8.01.
• Lester Willis Deitrich, 47, of Tamaqua, was charged with criminal trespass and possession of an offensive weapon. Deitrich was found on a Center Street property cleared marked as “No Trespassing” at 3:20 p.m. on Jan. 16. A set of brass knuckles, a flashlight and a bent metal wire were found in his pants pocket.