Skip to main content

Tamaqua departments respond to electrical fire

Published March 14. 2019 12:38PM

A Tamaqua family of four was displaced due to an electrical fire Wednesday afternoon.

The Tamaqua fire and police departments responded to a general alarm at 4:38 p.m. for a possible fire at 306 W. Spruce St. Police were first to arrive on the scene and used a fire extinguisher to quell a fire in an electrical panel in the basement. Firefighters then went through the home to make sure the fire hadn’t spread through the wires and to ventilate.

The home is owned by Karen Durn and occupied by Becky Fredericks and three children. They will stay with family until power can be restored.

All units were cleared from duty by 5 p.m. according to Tamaqua Fire Chief James R. Connely.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2019

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
  

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed