State police at Lehighton report on vehicle stops
State police at the Lehighton barracks reported on the following driving under the influence cases:
• Police said they took a man into custody after they stopped a 1997 Toyocar van at 4:32 p.m. May 26 in the 2100 block of Pohopoco Drive in Franklin Township. The passenger, Bryan Davila Rodriguez, 19, of Philadelphia, had drugs in his possession.
• A traffic stop initiated at 10:56 p.m. June 8 at Bridge and Franklin streets in Weissport resulted in the operator of the vehicle being taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs.
Police said the driver of the 2001 Nissan was taken for a blood test after the stop. Police did not release his name.
• Troopers said Brandon Morales-Brito, 24, of Freeland, was stopped on June 8 about 1:05 a.m. along Route 940 at Upper Alley in Hazle Township, Luzerne County, for a traffic violation. He was found to be under the influence of a controlled substance. Charges will be filed.
• Also on June 8, about 10:18 p.m. Sergio Cavallaro, 45, of White Haven, was stopped at Lehigh and Church streets, in White Haven for a vehicle code violation. Cavallaro was taken for a blood test. Charges will be filed.
• On June 9 about 2:02 a.m. Eudis Sosa, 28, of Hazleton, was stopped along Route 940 at South Middletown Road, in Hazle Township, for a vehicle code violation. He was taken for a blood test. Charges will be filed.