State police at Lehighton report on incidents
State police at Lehighton reported on the following incidents.
• A 14-year-old male eighth grade student at Palmerton Area High School in Lower Towamensing Township, is facing a charge of criminal mischief. He is charged with damaging two exit signs when leaving the school on June 13 about 11 a.m. Damages were estimated at $250.
• On June 10 at 4:46 p.m. troopers responded to a domestic incident at a residence along Interchange Road in Towamensing Township, Carbon County. Brittany Hughart, 24, of Kunkletown, and Shawn Brengel, 25, Effort, were each cited for harassment - physical contact.
• On May 10 at 8:38 p.m. troopers made a traffic stop along Covered Bridge Road in Lower Towamensing Township, Carbon County, for a traffic violation. As a result of the stop Sherry Lin Bender, 55, of Danielsville, the driver, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• Luis Rivera Velez, 28, of Philadelphia, was cited following a vehicle stop made on May 26 at 11:57 a.m. at Pohopoco Drive and Pine Run Road in Towamensing Township, Carbon County. Troopers said while speaking with Velez he became disorderly. He was then cited for disorderly conduct.
• Vincent Bosco, 19, of Jim Thorpe, was cited following a traffic stop on May 25 at 9:06 p.m. along Route 903 at Church Road, in Penn Forest Township, Carbon County. Troopers said at the stop they could detect the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. A further investigation revealed illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia were found. Drug charges were filed.
• A 33-year-old woman from Maury Road in Penn Forest Township was cited for a fourth false alarm to occur in a consecutive 12 month period. Troopers declined to identify the suspect.
• Daniel Schwenger, 57, of Palmerton, was arrested for violating a protection from abuse order. Schwenger entered a residence along Strohl Drive in Towamensing Township on May 3 at 7:41 a.m., when he was not authorized to do so because of the PFA order. Charges were filed.
Troopers said on June 9 at 7:24 p.m. a 41-year-old man from Lehighton contacted the barracks and said he was verbally threatened by Michael McLeod, 29, of Parryville. Following an investigation McLeod was charged with harassment/threat of physical contact, troopers said.