State police investigate crashes in Monroe County
State police at Fern Ridge reported on crashes investigated by troopers recently.
• A one-vehicle crash was reported at 5 p.m. on Sept. 26 along Route 534 in Kidder Township, Carbon County. Troopers said John E. Borsky, 22, of Kunkletown, was driving a 2006 Ford Mustang eastbound when he drove off the road with the right side of his vehicle striking a tree.
Borsky was not injured. The Ford had to be towed.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported on Oct. 9 about 6:15 a.m. at the intersection of Route 115 and Countryside Drive, in Chestnuthill Township, Monroe County. Troopers said Valerie S. Mendez, 31, of Effort, was northbound and approaching the intersection with Countryside Drive, while Elizabeth Candelaria, 58, of Brodheadsville, was stopped for a stop sign on Countryside Drive. Candelaria pulled out onto 115 attempting to turn left and travel southbound with the front of Mendez’s 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, which struck the driver side of Candelaria’s 2016 Toyota RAV4.
After impact, the Pacifica came to rest in the southbound lane facing northwest. After impact, the RAV4 traveled counterclockwise with the rear section striking a chain-link fence along the southbound berm.
Candelaria had a minor injury and was taken to the Lehigh Valley Hospital — Pocono Campus, East Stroudsburg, by West End ambulance. Troopers cited Candelaria for a stop sign violation.
• A one-vehicle crash was reported at 12:14 p.m. on Oct. 18 along the Effort Neola Road in Chestnuthill Township. John L. Maresca, 55, of Effort, was driving a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado truck eastbound when it left the road and struck a tree.
Maresca was not injured, but the truck had to be towed. He was cited for the crash.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 12:36 p.m. on Oct. 20 at the intersection of Route 115 and Marion Lane, in Chestnuthill Township. Troopers said Tracy A. Mina, 62, of Gilbert, was leaving the parking lot of a local business onto 115 while Jennifer L. Reilley, 35, of Effort, was northbound on 115. Mina pulled into the path of Reilley.
Reilley attempted to avoid a collision with her 2013 Hyundai Veloster leaving the road on the left side and striking a stop sign. After striking the stop sign, the Veloster then hit a steel post for a sign of another business.
Reilley was taken to LVH — Pocono, by West End ambulance for treatment of injuries. Troopers said Mina left the scene before their arrival. She was located and cited, troopers added. The Veloster had to be towed.
• A one-vehicle crash occurred at 6:25 p.m. on Oct. 22 on the off-ramp to the turnpike at Route 940 in Kidder Township. Troopers said Mohinder Singh, 35, of Los Angeles, California, was stopped on the exit ramp operating a Freightliner tractor with trailer and passed another truck. The passenger side mirror of the trailer was struck by the passenger side of a second truck. After impact, the other driver left the scene.
No one was injured.