St. Matthew’s UCC hosts Lent services
St. Matthew’s UCC announces its 2018 Wednesday Lenten schedule and Easter services.
• Friday, 6:30-9 p.m.: The Tweens, parents, and other attendees will make pizza and watch a movie.
• March 21: God’s Will and My Response, Salem UCC
Each Wednesday, the host church will have simple soup dinner at 6 p.m., choir rehearsal at 6:30 (choir members from other churches can attend and sing), and worship at 7 p.m.
• March 29: Maundy Thursday: Covered dish supper at 6 p.m. and the Tenebre Service — a service of desertion and shadows — at 7 p.m.
• March 30: Good Friday: the Way of the Cross, 7 p.m. worship, quiet prayer starts at 6 p.m.
• March 31: 1-2:30 p.m.: Join us for the annual Easter egg hunt, candy toss, crafts, bounce house, and visit from the Easter Bunny. Weather permitting, it will be in the St. Matthew’s UCC picnic grove (124 Picnic Lane, Kunkletown). In the event of inclement weather, it will be held at the church.
• Easter Sunday: Sunrise service at 6:30 a.m. in the picnic grove; Breakfast in the fellowship hall at 7:30 a.m.; and traditional service at 9 a.m.
• Sunday school meets 10:30-11:30 a.m. weekly. There are Preschool (ages 2-5), Elementary (ages 6-9), Tween (fifth and sixth grade), and Adult (includes teens who have been confirmed) classes. Join us anytime for a Bible lesson, discussion, activities and games, music, and visual aids.
• The nursery, for infants and children up to age 5, is available during 9 a.m. worship each week and during the Family Table service on the 2nd Sunday at 12 p.m.
For more information, contact the church at 610-381-2442 or visit http://www.stmattsucckunkletown.com. The church address is: 102 Church Road, Kunkletown.