Skip to main content

Saturday fire damages kitchen, floor of Lehighton home

  • Empty

    Firefighters responded to this home at 228 S. Third St. in Lehighton late Saturday night. The occupants were not home at the time of the incident, and no one was injured. COPYRIGHT LARRY NEFF/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS

Published February 17. 2019 06:48AM

A Lehighton home suffered moderate damage after a fire broke out late Saturday night.

Borough fire Chief Patrick Mriss said firefighters arrived on scene just before 11 p.m. to the home at 228 S. Third St.

Mriss said a neighbor heard a smoke detector going off and looked in the window and saw flames.

Upon arrival, Mriss said firefighters encountered fire in the area under the kitchen floor.

He said crews were able to knock down the fire fairly quickly.

Mriss said they spent about another hour on scene clearing the smoke and monitoring the situation.

No one was home at the time of the incident, and no one was injured.

Mriss said the fire damaged the kitchen and structural components of the floor. Smoke and heat damage happened throughout the house.

He said the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.

Also assisting on scene were the Franklin Township Fire Department, Mahoning Valley Fire Department, as well as Lehighton ALS and Lehighton Fire Police.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

May 2019

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
 

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed