Skip to main content

Polk Twp. homeowner escapes fire uninjured

Published February 15. 2019 04:30PM

Fire companies from Monroe and Carbon counties responded to a house fire in Polk Township Friday morning.

The call came at 9:37 a.m., according to Polk Township Fire Co. Chief Billy Tippett.

A passerby noticed a fire in the garage area of a home on Pine Court.

The homeowner was apparently sleeping inside at the time. The passerby pounded on the door and woke him up, and called 911.

Thanks to his quick thinking, the homeowner was able to escape without injury. The home had extensive damage, Tippett said.

“It was an amazing thing that he was at the right place at the right time,” Tippett said.

In addition to Polk Township, West End Fire Co., Kunkletown Fire Co., Blue Ridge Hook and Ladder, Franklin Township Vol. Fire Co., Towamensing Twp. Fire Co. and West End Ambulance all responded to the fire.

Tippett said in case of a fire, if it’s safe, homeowners should pull doors shut in order to prevent additional damage and save property.

“Get out, but close doors on your way,” Tippett said.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

May 2019

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
 

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed