Police report on DUI charges
Police have reported the following driving under the influence incidents:
• Nancy Salvatorelli, 52, of Blakeslee, is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol after police saw her driving a car that crossed the double yellow lines on Route 115 in Tunkhannock Township near Route 903 at 12:40 a.m. Nov. 30.
Police said after stopping her Toyota SUV, they approached the car and detected a strong odor of alcohol.
After conducting several field sobriety tests, she was taken into custody and transported to the Monroe County Correctional Facility, Snydersville, for a blood draw, the results of which are pending.
• The driver of a 2003 Toyota Celica that was stopped at 3:29 a.m. Dec. 16 at the intersection of Route 209 and Chestnut Street in Chestnuthill Township is facing DUI charges.
State police at Lehighton did not name the driver but said he was suspected of driving under the influence of a controlled substance. He refused all chemical testing to determine the extent of his impaired status and will face charges in Magisterial District Court.
• The driver of a 2000 BMW that crashed at 2:32 a.m. Dec. 15 on Mauch Chunk Street in Mahoning Township will be charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
State police at Lehighton said they were summoned to the scene after the vehicle crashed into the guide rail and the driver fled. Once the suspect was located, police said he admitted to the crash and it was determined that he was driving under the influence of alcohol.
The arrest is pending the results of laboratory testing. Police did not name the suspect.
• Mark Gutshall, 52, of Blakeslee, is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol after a vehicle he was driving was stopped because it had an expired inspection sticker on it.
State police at Fern Ridge said he was stopped at 2:25 p.m. Nov. 29 at the intersection of Timothy Drive and Route 115 in Chestnuthill Township. Police detected a strong odor of alcohol.
After conducting several field sobriety tests, Gutshall was taken into custody and transported to the Monroe County Correctional Facility, Snydersville, for a blood draw, the results of which are pending.
• Clayton Fitch, 44, of Fogelsville, was arrested by state police at Fogelsville at 12:43 a.m. Nov. 30 for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Police said he was driving a 2020 Kia at the intersection of Claussville and Grange roads in Weisenberg Township when police made a traffic stop and viewed numerous signs of alcohol impairment, taking him into custody.
• State police at Fern Ridge cited Keith Cooper, 31, of Mount Pocono for possession of a small amount of marijuana after a traffic stop they made at 1:06 p.m. Dec. 7 at the intersection of Route 115 and Barney Lane in Chestnuthill Township.
Police said he was driving a 2013 Nissan Altima that was stopped for traveling in excess of the posted speed limit, after which time police detected an odor of marijuana emanating from inside the vehicle. Police said Cooper said he had just smoked a blunt that he still had in his pocket.
• A 22-year-old Lehighton woman is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol after a one-vehicle crash at 10:29 p.m. Dec. 19 at the intersection of Upper Nis Hollow Drive and Mahoning Mountain Road in Mahoning Township.
State police at the Lehighton barracks said she was driving a 2003 Buick Le Sabre. No other details were provided by police, who said the charges will be filed in Magisterial District Court 56-3-03.