Pocono Mountains Restaurant Month kicks off, runs through May 19
Pocono Mountains Restaurant Month kicked off on Monday with a few different twists.
For starters, it’s now a monthlong event, as it runs up through May 19.
It’s also now a joint venture between the Chambers in Monroe, Carbon, Wayne and Pike counties and the Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau.
Chris Barrett, president/CEO, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, said the event will showcase various restaurants throughout the four-county region.
“We thought that extending the event to a month would give potential guests a chance to preview many different restaurant experiences in the four-county region of the Pocono Mountains,” Barrett said.
“Since the total area of the Pocono Mountains is 2,700 square miles, the extra time allotted is good for the participating 37 restaurants as well.”
Barrett added that it provides more time for creativity and menu diversity.
“We are blessed to have great partner restaurants within the Pocono Mountains that provide world class dining experiences,” he said.
“This is a great opportunity for them to showcase this strength.”
The joint venture allows for that.
“At the outset, we were fortunate to have the guidance of the Carbon County Chamber, as they have had great success with the weekly program in previous years,” he said.
Barrett said the PMVB is advertising the promotion with an extensive TV/radio and digital campaign, while a special web page has been developed that provides all the details at poconorestaurantmonth.com.
“It is changing often, so we encourage potential guests to visit every week for new specials and menu choices,” he said.
Marlyn Kissner, executive vice president of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce/executive director of Carbon Chamber and Economic Development Corp., said the joint venture is a win-win.
“We thought what a great opportunity to actually do something in the entire Pocono Region, much like we did for Carbon Restaurant Week,” Kissner said.
“It started with us doing a week, and when we collaborated with the Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau.”
Participating restaurants include:
• Bonnie & Clyde Pub & Grill, Lehighton
• Slopeside Pub & Grill, Palmerton
• Louie’s Prime, Lake Harmony
• Shenanigan’s of Lake Harmony
• Nick’s Lake House, Lake Harmony
• Joey B’s Bar & Restaurant, Palmerton
• Sunset Green Restaurant & Bar, Split Rock
• One Ten Tavern, Palmerton
• Marion Hose Bar, Jim Thorpe
• Boulder View Tavern, Lake Harmony
• Coal Miners’ Bar & Restaurant, Lansford
• Jokers Are Wild Game Cafe, Lehighton
• B-Lux Grill & Bar
• Barley Creek Brewing Company
• Berrelli’s Family Style Italian
• The Frogtown Chophouse
• The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
• Joe Bosco Authentic Smokehouse BBQ
• Kitchen Chemistry
• Skytop Lodge
• Smuggler’s Cove Restaurant
• Sortino’s Italian Kitchen
• Stroud Pizzeria and Restaurant
• Tavern by the Lake
• Van Gilder’s Jubilee Restaurant
• Zoe’s Ice Cream Emporium
• 403 Broad
• Bar Louis at the Hotel Fauchere
• Gresham’s Chop House
• Colosseum Restaurant — Cove Haven
• The Dock on Wallenpaupack
• French Manor Inn and Spa
• Glass — Wine. Bar. Kitchen
• The Overlook Restaurant at Woodloch Springs
• The Settlers Inn
• Wallenpaupack Brewing Company