Palmerton library news for September
Palmerton Library announced the following activities will be held at the library in September.
• Story Time Preschool Story Time will be held every Friday at 10:30 a.m. starting Sept. 6.
• Peapods Story Time for ages 0 to 2, is the second Tuesday of the month at 11 a.m. starting Sept. 10.
• Saturday Story Time will be held the third Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m. starting Sept. 21.
• Tutor Match Students in first through sixth grades needing extra help with homework can sign up for one-on-one tutoring. Tutoring will be scheduled based on need and availability of tutors. Call the library at 610-826-3424 for more information.
• Teen Open Mic Night will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 12. For ages 13 through 18. To perform call the library or check the Facebook event.
• Animé Club will meet the third Tuesday of the month from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. to watch Japanese animated series. Additional activities as time permits. For ages 13 to 18. All participants must have a completed permission slip.
Activities for all
• Knitting Club will not meet this month. Next meeting is in October.
• Yoga classes are offered every Saturday at 9 a.m. For more information, call 570-436-1762 or stop in on Saturday morning.
• Library board of directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. All are welcome.
• The Sew What Quilt Guild meets at the library on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. New members and visitors are welcome. Please use the side door.
• Third Monday Book Club meets the third Monday of each month from noon-1:30 p.m. The September book is “Watership Down” by Richard Adams.
• Blue Mountain Fiber Guild explores all things related to fiber arts. No sheep necessary to join. Group meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
• Qigong Class: For beginners Mondays 5:30-6:30 p.m. Instructor: Kiki Peppard. Gentle, relaxing exercises coordinated to soft music incorporating breathing with smooth, slow, flowing movement. For more information, call 570-460-8485.
• Quilt/Craft Lovers Bingo, hosted by the Sew What Quilt Guild, will take place at the library on Oct. 13. Doors open at noon, games begin at 1 p.m. Seating is limited. For tickets and information, call the library.
• Basket Auction and Tote Bag Sale: The Friends of the Palmerton Library are holding a basket auction for the month of August. Drawing is Sept. 9.
• World Wide Training Academy is offering Pet First Aid, Babysitter Safety Training and Personal Protection for Women workshops at the library. For dates, costs and free intro classes, call Donna at 484-542-7706
• Palmerton Library Collaboratory Kick Off will be held Sept. 21 from 2:30 to 4 p.m. For ages 9 to 13. The Collaboratory is funded by the Carbon County Community Foundation, The Concourse Club of Palmerton and community donations.
• The Summer Reading Program had 449 participants with 74 volunteer hours. The reading chain links totaled 2,406 and counting.