Palmerton library activities
Activities for all
• Knitting Club meets the first Monday of each month from 6-8 p.m. Free and open to anyone interested in knitting and crocheting of all skill levels.
• Third Monday Book Club will resume in the fall.
• Yoga classes are offered every Saturday at 9 a.m. For more information, call 570- 436-1762 or stop in on Saturday morning.
• Learn about ways you can volunteer at the library this summer. Also great for students needing service hours. June 5, 7-8:30 p.m.
• Library Board of Directors meets the third Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. Meetings are open to the public.
• Friends of the Palmerton Area Library meet four times a year. The next meeting will be at 7 p.m. July 2. Everyone is welcome.
• Quilt Guild: The Sew What Quilt Guild meets at the library on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. New members and visitors are always welcome. Please use the side door.
• Blue Mountain Fiber Guild Exploring all things related to fiber arts (spinning, weaving, etc.) No sheep necessary to join. Check it out on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
• Our Family History: Do you know who your family is? There’s a chance to find out. Come to the library on the second Tuesday of each month from 6-7:30 p.m. to learn how to research your family history.
• Qigong Class For Beginners, Mondays 5:30-6:30 p.m. Instructor: Kiki Peppard. Gentle, relaxing exercises that are coordinated to soft music incorporating breathing with smooth, slow, flowing movement. For more info: 570-460-8485
• Preschool Story Hour: Our last story hour for the school year is June 14. It is free and open to the public. Thank you to our story readers.
• Peapods Story Time: Stories, songs and fingerplays for children ages 0 to 2. June 11 at 11 a.m.
• Saturday Story Time for children ages 0 to 5. June 15 at 10:30 a.m. Free and open to the public.
• Homework Helpers for grades 1-8, 3:15-4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday. The last day for Homework Helpers is June 5. Thank you to our volunteer tutors.
• Teen Advisory Group for teens in grades 5-12. No meeting for June. Please check out volunteer sign-up night and summer reading to learn about opportunities this summer.
• Scratch Coding Camp for ages 8 and up. An introduction to Scratch, a program designed and maintained by MIT that introduces kids to the basics of coding, building games and animations. Participants must be comfortable using a mouse and keyboard. Space is limited. Call the library to sign up. June 15, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Beach Bingo free bingo for children in kindergarten through fourth grade. Call the library to sign up. June 14, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Learn about activities and programs at the library, how to complete service hours for National Honor Society, Junior National Honor Society, Leo Club, Scouts and how to volunteer as a family or organization. Volunteer applications will be available. Anyone under 18 will need a parent/guardian signature on the volunteer application. Meet in the Gallery Room. Light refreshments provided.
Eighth Palmerton Area Library golf tournament, Aug. 23, Blue Shamrock Golf Club.
Highlights: Hot dog and chips lunch, four person scramble format, 18 holes of golf with cart, dinner buffet, purchase Mulligans, contests and prizes, gift bag, 50/50 raffle tickets.
Registration, noon; shotgun start, 1:30 p.m.; approximately 6 p.m. dinner buffet and awards. Not a golfer? Join us for the dinner buffet.
Follow the library on Facebook. Check out more activities at palmertonarealibrary.com.