NORTHERN LEHIGH SCHOOL BOARD
Northern Lehigh School Board, on an 8-0 vote with Director Gale Huscak absent, took the following action on Monday:
• Agreed to purchase a Network Security Insurance policy at a cost not to exceed $8,000, which would cover cyber activity including notification and credit monitoring for all those compromised, as well as remediation.
• Granted Jennifer Butz permission to attend the International Association of Sport & Play for Young Children: First World Congress, Oct. 26-28, in Springfield, Massachusetts, at no cost to the district, as well as the 97th Annual PA State Associations of Health, PE, Recreation & Dance, Nov. 9-11, in Seven Springs, with the cost of registration, $110, travel, $250; and lodging, $314, for a total cost of about $674, to be funded by the Slatington Elementary Professional Development Budget; Theresa Cinicola to attend the PA Science Teacher Association, Sept. 30 to Oct. 1, in State College, with the cost of membership, $20, registration, $155, and lodging, $119, for a total cost of about $294, to be funded by the high school professional development budget; and Julie Everett to attend the PA Science Teacher Association Conference, Sept. 30 to Oct. 1, in State College, with the cost of membership, $20, and registration, $155, for a total cost of about $175, to be funded from the high school professional development budget.
Curriculum & Instruction
• Approved Lindas Brown as a helping teacher for inductee Alyssia Weschler, and Larry Meixsell as a helping teacher for inductee Elizabeth Fleming, each at a stipend of $200.
• Elected Eric Wolfgang, president-elect; Art Levinowitz, vice president; Maura Buri, at-large representative; Amy Goldman, Section 8 adviser; and Richard Frerichs, William LaCoff, and Nathan Mains, as officers for the Pennsylvania School Boards Association, effective Jan. 1, 2019, through Dec. 31, 2019.
• Approved, per the recommendation of the Education/Policy Committee and Administration, the formation of an extra and co-curricular committee.
Summary offense signees
• Agreed to designate and authorize Frank Gnas, school police officer; Paul Leonzi, principal, Peters Elementary School; Scott Pyne, principal, Slatington Elementary School; Jill Chamberlain, principal, middle school; Robert Vlasaty, principal, high school; and Tanya Simms, assistant principal, high school; to sign summary offense notices for district students for the 2018-19 school year, after consultation with the superintendent.