NORTHERN LEHIGH SCHOOL BOARD — OTHER
Northern Lehigh School Board recently approved the following action:
• Granted Tanya Simms permission to attend the 2019 PA Educational Leadership Conference, Aug. 4-6, at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, Pocono Manor, with the cost of registration $329, and lodging $412, for a total cost of about $741, to be funded from the high school professional development budget.
• Granted Shawn Green permission to attend the PDE CSfor ALLpa K-8 integrated model, May 22-23, at the PaTTAN King of Prussia, with the cost of travel $135, and meals $30, for a total cost of about $165, to be funded from PA Smartgrant.
• Agreed to expulsion hearing waivers for three students. In each instance, the students and their guardians have agreed to waive their right to a formal expulsion hearing in front of the school board, and have also agreed to disciplinary action.
• Recommended that the board approve Findings of Fact and Conclusion of Law and recommendation of the Hearing Committee held at 5:30 p.m. on April 8 to expel a student.
• Appointed Rhonda Frantz as the district’s primary voting delegate for the Act 32 Tax Collection Committee. Sherri Molitoris and Heather Marzen will act as first and second alternate voting delegates on the committee in the absence of Frantz.