Northern Lehigh school board — curriculum
Northern Lehigh School Board approved the following curriculum matters on Monday:
• Community Services for Children to operate the Head Start Pre-K program at Peters Elementary School from August 2019 through July 2020, while the only obligation for the district is to provide one classroom.
• An agreement between the district and Lehigh Learning Academy to furnishing regular education or special education programs for the students for the 2019-20 school year.
• A partnership agreement with Lehigh Carbon Community College to provide students with greater options to earn concurrent high school/college credit. The term of the Dual Enrollment Partnership Proposal between the district and LCCC is from Aug. 1, 2019, to July 31, 2022.
• To have Superintendent Matt Link execute a letter of agreement for the 2019-20 academic year with the Center for Humanistic Change Inc. to provide Student Assistance Program Liaison services, as the Student Assistance Teams and the district will use these services.
• An agreement between the district and Behavioral Health Associated License Private Academic School to furnish regular education or special education programs for the students for the 2019-20 school year.
• An agreement for one Northern Lehigh School District student with special needs to attend Whitehall-Coplay School District, effective for the 2019-20 school year.
• The stipend for Allison Chruscial, helping teacher for Raquel Hoffert, from $800 to $200, that was originally approved at the June 10 board meeting, as Hoffert has already completed the induction program in another district.
• Nicole Nightlinger, helping teacher, for Zachary Merkle, inductee, at a stipend of $800 for the 2019-20 school year.
— Terry Ahner