McAdoo police report on incidents
McAdoo Police have released information about recent incidents.
• Jonathan Burget, 41, of McAdoo, was charged with passing a bad check after he failed to honor a rent check he issued to his landlord. The check was returned from the bank, rejected due to insufficient funds. The landlord reported the incident at 6 p.m. Dec. 5. Efforts to reach Burget by certified letter were returned as unclaimed.
• Burget was picked up on a different charge on Monday at 9:36 p.m. Police stopped his vehicle after observing him driving with a middle brake light out. He was also driving without a valid license, and was subsequently taken into custody on a bench warrant for failure to appear on a DUI charge. He was taken to the Schuylkill County Prison. Further charges are pending as a result of the traffic stop.
• Crystal Davies, 47, of Weston, was cited for harassment after she failed to heed police warnings about excessive calls and texts to a borough woman. Davies left 14 voicemails on the victim’s phone on Dec. 8, cursing and threatening a lawsuit. She was charged with two counts of harassment.
• Ashley Sist, 33, of Tresckow, was cited after texting a witness in a theft case after being warned by police not to have contact with that person. The threats were reportedly made on Nov. 19, 2018. She was charged with one count of harassment by communication.
• Police cited Steven Pollack Jr., 38, of McAdoo, for contractor fraud. Pollack entered into a written agreement with a North Lincoln Street resident for home improvement work. The resident provided a deposit of $650 on July 8. The check was cashed, but no work has been completed. Pollack was charged with deceptive business practices, theft by deception and home improvement fraud.