A look back: March 14, 1952
A total of 68,514 pints of blood were donated to the Red Cross Bloodmobile Units in Carbon County during the past two years, according to Harold Buttman, assistant administrator of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Regional Blood Center at the county chapter meeting held last night in Mauch Chunk.
Buttman stated the bloodmobile units averaged 99 pints per visit in the past two years.
Towns included in the donations are the Mauch Chunks, Summit Hill, Palmerton, Lehighton, Nesquehoning and Lansford.
Hospitals in the area receiving the blood were Coaldale, 1,065 pints; Palmerton, 922 pints; and Gnaden Huetten, 266 pints.