Lehighton state police report on incidents
State police at Lehighton reported on the following incidents.
• Troopers said a 46-year-old Kunkletown man is facing a charge of public drunkenness for an incident on Sunday at 5:20 p.m. in Polk Township, Monroe County. Troopers did not release the name of the suspect.
• A 51-year-old Polk Township man is facing a charge of driving under the influence of a controlled substance following an incident at 7:17 p.m. on Saturday at Robinhood Drive and Dotters Corner Road in Polk Township. Troopers did not release the name of the suspect.
• State police are investigating an assault and trespass case that they were called to at 4:47 p.m. Sept. 9 in the 900 block of Hemphill Lane, Lower Towamensing Township. Police said the victim is a 29-year-old Palmerton man. Police responded to a report of a man having issues with his ex-wife. Upon arrival, the complainant stated another man pointed a long gun in his direction upon entering the property. The complainant also said he was not allowed on the property and was ignoring no trespassing signs.
• Police said they were called to the 4000 block of Forest Drive, Polk Township, at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 11, when a complainant said a dog owned by Therese Hancock, 51, of Kunkletown, was running loose in the street. The complainant told the dog constantly breaks free of its fenced-in area, which will result in a citation for not confining the animal.
• Danielle Safianow, 22, of Lehighton, was cited for harassment after state police were summoned to a domestic disturbance at 2:27 p.m. Sept. 8 in the unit block of Bayberry Road, Penn Forest Township. An investigation revealed she shoved her husband, of Jim Thorpe, and his 19-year-old sister and 17-year-old brother, both also of Jim Thorpe.