Lehighton State Police report
State police at Lehighton reported the following incidents:
• Stephanie Kurz, 21, of Pen Argyl, was cited by police for disorderly conduct after an incident at 6 p.m. Sept. 6, at 476 Polk Township Road, Polk Township.
Police said they responded for a report of harassment and cited Kurz twice for disorderly conduct after she became irate and caused a scene and public inconvenience.
• Police arrested two Jim Thorpe women, ages 47 and 46, after they responded to a domestic altercation at 10:17 p.m. Sept. 8 along Indian Trail in Penn Forest Township.
Police said they displayed bruising to both their left and right arms.
Police said they are both facing charges of simple assault and harassment.
• A criminal mischief incident was reported at 12:43 p.m. Aug. 28 in Towamensing Township.
A 70-year-old man from Palmerton reported someone spray painted a basketball hoop on his property on the 1600 block of Stagecoach Road East, in the township, and also left garbage on the court.
• Police said three people were arrested for harassment after they threw rocks at a victim along Holly Lane in Polk Township.
The victim, a 35-year-old man from Kunkletown, told police at 3:48 p.m. Sept. 8 that the trio trespassed onto his property and physically harassed him by throwing rocks at him.
Those arrested include a 31-year-old woman from Palmerton, a 32-year-old woman from Kunkletown and an 18-year-old man from Kunkletown.
• Police said the driver of a 2008 Hino reported to them at 9:46 p.m. Aug. 21 that the license plate fell off his vehicle and is lost.
The incident happened on Interchange Road in Towamensing Township.
• Police reported on the following incidents investigated by troopers.
On Aug. 14 a 54-year-old man from Floyd Drive, in Kunkletown, Polk Township, Monroe County, reported a FedEx delivered package was removed from his property. The package contained a Pro Gobo projector stage light valued at $415. The theft occurred sometime between 11 a.m. and 8:19 p.m. on Aug. 14.
• A scattering rubbish incident was reported along Chestnut Ridge Road at Chestnut Ridge Drive in Eldred Township, Monroe County. Troopers said someone in a silver sedan threw a glass bottle of Jim Beam liquor from the vehicle.
• An attempted burglary was probed on Aug. 24 and reported at 9:26 a.m. A 48-year-old woman from Pohopoco Drive in Towamensing Township, Carbon County, reported someone attempted to forcibly open an outdoor barn door and house windows. The barn door sustained damages of $100.
• On Aug. 13 at 7:30 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Gumwood Lane, in Polk Township, to a report of a ladder by an open window at the residence. An investigation revealed that an unknown person entered the residence through the open window and placed several items on a bed. Nothing was reported missing. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 610-681-1850.
• On Aug. 26 at 9:34 p.m. troopers responded to a residence along Holly Lane in Polk Township for a report of a dirt bike missing from a shed on the property. The 28-year-old resident said the theft occurred sometime between Aug. 21 and 26. The bike is a Honda model.
Anyone with information concerning any of these incidents is asked to call troopers at 610-681-1850.
• A 74-year-old Jim Thorpe woman reported a theft by deception credit/ATM card incident.
Police said the woman, who resides along Rosewood Road in Penn Forest Township, reported unwanted charges on her debit card. The charges were made between 8 a.m. Aug. 31 and 11:34 a.m. Sept. 2.