Lehighton State Police investigate incidents
State police at Lehighton report the following incidents:
• Police are investigating the theft of items from a motor vehicle. The incident was reported at 4:34 p.m. May 29.
A Philadelphia woman reported the unspecified items were stolen from her 2012 Nissan while it was parked at 107 Kinsley Drive in Chestnuthill Township.
• Kunkletown residents reported they discovered burn marks on wood pallets and wood that was inside their garage on Lobach Lane, Eldred Township. The incident was reported June 3.
• Duane Schleicher, 57, of Lehighton, will be cited for false alarms/dialing devices as a result of a fourth consecutive false alarm in a 12-month period.
The alarm went off at 2:18 p.m. May 19 at 182 William Lane, East Penn Township.
• Police said an Effort man reported someone used his credit card 19 times without his authorization. The estimated loss is $280.
• A Palmerton area man was cited twice for two incidents near his home that occurred on June 4 about 7:43 p.m.
State police at Lehighton said Donald Strohl, 83, of Towamensing Township, was cited for criminal/simple trespass. Troopers said a Lehighton resident returned home and found Strohl cutting trees and walking on his property.
Troopers said another resident also reported seeing Strohl cutting trees and walking in the woods on her private property about the same time as the first incident. He was cited for criminal mischief in that incident along with criminal/simple trespass.