LEHIGHTON STATE POLICE -DUI/DRUGS
State police at Lehighton report the following incidents:
• Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were uncovered during a traffic stop made by police at 8:06 p.m. July 25.
Police said the vehicle was stopped at the intersection of Little Gap and 57 roads in Lower Towamensing Township. Police have not released the suspect’s name.
• Allen Dailey, 52, of Slatington, is facing drug possession charges as a result of an incident at 10:21 a.m. Sept. 6 on Stoney Ridge Road, Lower Towamensing Township.
Police said he was driving a vehicle that was stopped for a traffic violation, and police said they observed drugs.
Police said Dailey failed to comply with police instructions and was taken into custody and arraigned.
Police said at 4:30 p.m. that day, Dailey was being transported to the Carbon County Correctional Facility, Nesquehoning, when officers found multiple bags of an unknown drug in his pockets, resulting in felony charges being filed against him.
• The driver of a 2011 Ford Focus that was stopped at 1:07 a.m. Sept. 9 at the intersection of East Lizard Creek and Dinkey roads in East Penn Township is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Police said the driver was stopped for a Motor Vehicle Code violation. Police suspected him to be under the influence of alcohol and transported the driver for laboratory testing.
Results are pending. Police did not identify the driver.
• Police were summoned to an out-on-control, intoxicated woman report at 7:10 p.m. Sept. 2 on Blue Ridge Road in Ross Township. When police arrived, the woman was attempting to leave the scene in a 2014 Lexus.
Police saw alcohol in the car. Charges are pending tests for the 36-year-old woman from Swoyersville.
• A 24-year-old Easton woman refused chemical testing to determine the extent of her impaired status after a traffic stop was made.
Police said she was driving a 2005 Honda Civic at the intersection of Hahns Dairy and Forest Inn roads in Lower Towamensing Township when police stopped her.
Police said they observed drugs on view and determined the woman was driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
Police said she will be charged accordingly.
• A 19-year-old Saylorsburg man is facing charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance following a traffic stop made by state police at the Lehighton barracks at 2:11 a.m. Sept. 10 at the intersection of Route 715 and Bond Lane in Chestnuthill Township.
Police said they stopped the 2012 Honda for a Motor Vehicle Code violation, and they observed drugs.
Police said the charges are pending the results of laboratory testing.
• Police said the driver of a vehicle stopped for a traffic violation at 11:26 a.m. Sept. 7 at the intersection of Blakeslee Boulevard Drive east and East Penn Street in Lehighton turned out to be wanted on outstanding arrest warrants. In addition, police said drug paraphernalia was seized from the vehicle he was driving.
The driver was transported to the Carbon County Correctional facility, Nesquehoning, and will face charges through the local magisterial district court office.